Friday, January 9, 2015

2015... And where we've been

Happy New Year! How are you guys doing on your resolutions? Have you given up yet? Are you still motivated? As I mentioned once or twice, resolutions are not my bag. I hate lying to myself. I think the idea of resolutions is wonderful and traditional. Their just typically extreme... Go to the gym twice a day/seven days a week, cut out all cheeseburgers, no more alcohol until next New Year's Eve, stop shopping entirely and bank every cent, etc., etc.

Let's face it together. Resolutions just doesn't work (at least for me). So screw'em! Instead, let's set daily (realistic) goals. For example... Today:

1: Take a yoga class
2: Eat dinner at 7:00PM (We're late night eaters)
3: Set the dinner table with candles just because it's Friday
4: Treat myself to a fancy cup of cappuccino
5: Write a blog post
6: Be nicer to myself (Haven't mastered this one, so I work on it daily)

As you can see, I'm a simple chick. My goals aren't fussy. They're just realistic for me.

So! It's been a while since I've been on this space sharing with you and I feel pretty ashamed about that. Sometimes life happens and time seems to get away from me. A lot of things have happened while I've been out of touch on this space. If you follow us on instagram (you can also follow my personal instagram)... You probably know some of the things we've been up to.

Since my last post; I've celebrated a birthday and a huge anniversary milestone. My in-laws moved to a different state. We welcomed a beautiful squishy new niece and a new nephew I still need to meet. In addition, we had the opportunity to head to Europe and a few places in between. In the next few posts I'll be sharing some pictures of our adventures.

Oh! By the way... It's super cold here. Enjoy the rest of your day! ~ Shay


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...